You either move towards your dreams or move away from your difficulties. Those of you who believe in moving towards your desires may never get around doing uncomfortable things that are essential. Those of you who are moving away from unpleasant things do not move until things get miserable enough. The key to what drives you is to be able to do things nimbly and deftly even if it is something unpleasant. Surprisingly, most of the time individuals need help in doing things that are pleasant.
Two of the popular motivation strategies are:
- Visual Construct of the work at hand which when accomplished leads to a positive experience (Kinesthetic).
- Visual Construct of a Negative outcome of not doing a particular activity that leads to a negative experience (Kinesthetic).
Motivation strategies are on the far end of the continuum of procrastination strategies. Some of the things to ponder could be:
- Audio element whether it is noncritical
- Auditory element generally utilizes modal operators of possibility rather than modal operators of necessity.
- A representation of what is compelling about a task to be completed or the consequences of not completing a task.
- When an individual has a ‘towards ‘ strategy he finds the process and the outcome much desirable and less stressful.
- The metamodel of association and dissociation becomes an important aspect of motivation strategy.
- A good strategy has the ability to work beyond current contexts.
- It is wise to check the ecology frame before working with negative feelings such as stress, anxiety, and fear related to tasks.
- It is wise to toggle between task completion and task not completed to derive the motivation factor.
- Procrastinators are excellent planners.
SOme of the challenges with Motivation strategies are:
- An individual feels overloaded needs to chunk down his tasks at hand.
- A person switches to moving away because the task is causing too much stress and anxiety that he is not able to handle.
- It is wise to devise a strategy that has a good balance of moving away and moving towards values so that a person sticks to achieve his outcomes.